Again for 2018, there will be a STRAVA challenge. More details will be forthcoming!
Details from last year’s race are below!
The strava segment results for 2017 went as follows-
On the men’s side-top honors went to-
- Norton Road Gravel: Ezra Sonderling (40s), Angelo Catalano (45 s), and Paul Hale (45 s)
- Agler Road Gravel: Joe Palolotto (6:32), Lee Lauderman (6:45) and Rick Thompson (6:50)
- Ryder Road Climb: Matt Crawford (1:40), Ezra Sonderling (1:46), Christopher Smith and Matt Schieferstein (1:58)
And now the one that counts in which our King & Queen get complimentary entries for 2018…….
- Matt Crawford (COMP ENTRY WINNER) (2:06)
- Ezra Sonderling (2:08)
- Christopher Smith (2:11)
On the women’s side, it looked to be crushing be Laurel Sutterfield that scooped up pretty much every segment on the course taking the QOM on the 40 mile course, taking the day’s QOM on Norton, Ryder, Agler and Alpha Hill (2:06 – yes this is tied with fastest male climb KOM) for a free 2018 COMP ENTRY!
On Alpha, Kristen Keyes came in with the next fastest time (3:33) followed by Tess Oliver (4:19).
Ryder: Laurel 1:40, Kristen 2:58, and Tess 3:15
Norton: Laurel (54 s), Tess (1:04), and Kristen (1:09)
Agler: Laurel (7:31), Kristen (10:06), Tess (11:44)
Congratulations to all!!!
THIS EVENT IS NOT A RACE, BUT FOR 2017, WE HAVE THE STRAVA GO FAST CHALLENGE SPONSORED BY GARRETTSVILLE’S OWN, CHARLES AUTO FAMILY. To keep things interesting, we are back again with the STRAVA King and Queen of the Mountain challenge (KOM/QOM)!
There is a strava segment for ALL 3 routes this year. Each starts after the main light in downtown Garrettsville and ends at the bridge over Eagle Creek just before the main light in town.
There will be 4 additional segments to add in some fun which will all be marked-
1. Norton Road Gravel: ~at 5 mi for 25& 40 mi routes- This is a short 0.2 mil gravel climb early in the course.
2. Agler Road Gravel: ~at 11mi for 25 &27mi for 40- This is a long 2 mile uphill gravel segment.
3. Alpha Road Climb “Heckle Hill”- this super fun 0.4 mile segment will award the KOM and QOM a comp entry for 2018 RAR!! ~at 18.5mi for 25 & 33mi for 40.
4. Ryder Road Climb- at 19.5mi for 25 & 34 mi for 40- This is a chip and seal, very open, uphill 0.5 mil climb which is the last good one.
We will have the start and finish of the strava segments marked. Be sure to upload your data to strava after the event. We will compile the results of the event participants and we will announce the winners on Saturday, March 11th! (Data must be uploaded no later than Wednesday, March 8th).
Course segments are for bragging rights only! HOWEVER, the KOM and QOM of #3 Alpha Road hill segment will receive a COMP ENTRY for 2018!
Congrats to Matthew Schieferstein and Susan Anderson who won last year and received COMP Entries to the 2017 event!!!